Community Lawyer job in pakistan 2022
Community Lawyer job in pakistan 2022
Location of Work Station:
Type of Job:
The position holder will be part of a team implementing the projects on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Religious Minorities (RM). Employee will be responsible for planning and implementing awareness clinics and linking communities to ADR mechanisms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing strategies to map and reach out communities in Sindh
- Planning and implementing awareness clinics in project area with minimal assistance
- Prepare work plans/work schedules for all planned activities and ensure these are submitted to the Program Officers, Program and M&E Managers for approval as per agreed dates of implementation and project cycle.
- Contributing in designing session plans for community awareness sessions
- Conducting Awareness Clinics as per planned targets and maintaining attendance sheets accordingly
- Networking with governmental and non- governmental organizations for collaboration and way forward
- Creating strong linkages and maintaining good relations with communities for smooth implementation of project activities
- Writing reports, success stories and developing case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project.
- Maintaining data in soft and physical form
- Coordinating with HR Department for the necessary arrangements of Clinics/trainings.
- Promote the LAS work at Provincial levels.
- Any other official task(s) assigned by project lead or management
Integrated into our shared values is LAS’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics or conduct protected by law. LAS is committed to being an inclusive organization where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encourage to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at LAS has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a diverse environment.
REQUIREMENTS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of ADR legal framework in Pakistan especially in Sindh
- Knowledge of legal framework of religious minority communities in Sindh and sensitivity in working with such communities.
- Prior work experience in the areas of ADR and Religious Minorities will be preferred
- Minimum Qualification (LLB with second class).
- Minimum Experience (3 to 4 Years in related field).
- Language(s): Advance level English (reading, writing) and fluency in Urdu/Sindhi
- Computer Skills (Proficiency in MS Office)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to network and liaise with the community
- Demonstrated flexibility, motivation, and maturity
- Willingness to work and live in harsh conditions.
- Interested candidates may apply online latest by 6th November, 2022.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for test & interview.
- The organization reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
- For further information please visit http//www.las.org.pk
Officer Investment Banking
To act as a bridge between the bank and the clients to facilitate the monitoring and maintenance of Debt Capital, Syndication and Project Finance Transactions in order to ensure operational efficiency.
Monitoring of Payments:
- Maintain/update and keep a track of repayment/payment schedule of the debt capital and project finance transactions for principal / markup / rental/ commission /fees to aid business in meeting its objectives.
- Monitor and follow up with the client and the syndicate on day to day matters and in case there is a delay in payments and ensure an effective flow of communication amongst the stakeholders.
- Ensure verification & reconciliation of costs associated with disbursements.
- Obtain waivers or deferrals as and when required to ensure a smooth execution process.
- Provide ongoing support to the syndicate banks, the client and other entities in the capacity of agent and security trustee to meet common goals.
- Achieve a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes whilst adhering to all internal and regulatory policies to deliver on commitments.
- Keep track of all dates related to payments, draw downs, repayments, rollovers, expiries, and maturities to improve process efficiencies.
Compliance of Conditions Precedent (“CP”):
- Arrange CP documents for each disbursement from the customers for onward submission to all the members involved the transaction in order to ensure smooth execution of transaction.
- Act as bridge between the client and the syndicate members to convey the specific requirements in relation to the CPs to ensure an efficient flow of communication.
Monitoring of Information Content:
- Update and monitor information requirements in line with the executed transaction documents.
- Ensure that the client timely submits the information as stipulated in the transaction documents to meet internal deadlines.
- Perform the role of Security Agent for the transaction where HBL’s role is that of a security trustee.
- Hold syndicate meetings/conference calls to discuss any particular customer request, initially among lenders/legal counsel and if required with the customer as well to ensure convergence of bank/syndicate interest and customer requirements.
- Facilitate syndicate meetings/conference calls in the event of customer’s event of default or on occurrence of such an event to ensure bank/syndicate interest.
- Act as a Keeper of security documents on behalf of syndicate to ensure banks/syndicate interest.
Coordination with stakeholders:
- Coordinate effectively with the client, syndicate members, legal counsel and other entities with respect to transactions; providing one window for all.
- Coordinate with syndicate members, lawyers and regulatory authorities for NOCs with respect to charge creation, enhancement, and vacation to service client requests/ requirements.
- Possess regulatory knowledge to be able to work closely and effectively with stakeholders and provide solutions to resolve issues.
- Act as a bridge to facilitate customer requests for any change /release of security and also obtaining NOCs from the syndicate members to service client requests.
- In all cases pertaining to client requests seek advice from internal/external legal counsel for safeguarding syndicate member interest.
Multitasking & Attitude towards work:
- Handle multiple assignments and ensure timely execution of work. Manage delivery through prioritization of tasks and effective time management.
- Display discipline and punctuality and be able to work under pressure so as to ensure deadlines are met and transaction is executed smoothly.
- Display attention to detail.
- 2 years and above in Banking/Financial Services or related department of an organization.